Your computer’s firewall Settings is largely responsible for prevent incoming communication theory which could possible harm your computer. You can also view or change your firewall settings on any computer, but keep in mind that the application of the firewall applies best to PCs. Mac users generally do not need to enable or use the built-in firewall program.
OSX includes an application firewall that you can use to control the connections made to your computer from other computers on your network. OS X v10.5.1 and later add an application firewall that you can use to control contacts on a per-request basis rather than a port-by-port basis. This makes it easier to reap the benefits of firewall protection, and helps control unwanted apps on open network ports for legitimate apps.
How to Change Firewall Settings
A firewall is a security utility designed to disrupt electronic access to a network. Firewalls are essential because, without one, your computer is vulnerable to Trojans, malware, spy and other types of viral infections. However, in some cases it may be helpful to modify the firewall settings to allow some programs to run without being blocked. This is important for anyone who wants to know how to access the Windows Firewall and customize its settings.
- Move to the Start menu & choose “Control Panel “. Click on the Windows Firewall icon. It looks like a brick wall.
- Through the General tab, select whether On, Block all entering connections or Off . It is recommended to continue and not to discontinue.
- Click on the “Exceptions” tab and choose which programs you do not want to be protected by the firewall. Click the blank box to check the programs that are included in the list of exceptions. This is appropriate to check browsers , file sharing programs.
- To click on the “Advanced” tab, select which network connection you want to protect the firewall from. This is appropriate to check all connections as your computer may be infected if left unchecked.
- Click “Restore Defaults” under the Advanced tab. This might cause some programs to stop working and is not recommended if you never have experience working with firewall settings.
Checking for Windows 10 Firewall
To see if you’re running Windows Firewall:
- Right-click on the Windows icon. A menu will appear.
- Select Control Panel from the menu. The control panel will appear.
- In Control Panel, select System and Security.
- In System and Security, select Windows Firewall.
Configuring Windows 10 Firewall
If you have Windows Firewall running in Firefox and you have a connection problem
- On the left side of the Windows Firewall panel, click Allow an app via Windows Firewall or click a feature. The allowed Apps panel will appear.
- Click the Change Settings button.
- Find out Mozilla Firefox in the list of programs. If it exists, click to select it. If not, skip the next step.
- Once Mozilla Firefox is selected, click the remove button. Confirm that you want to delete the entry.
- Click the Allow another app button. The add program window will appear.
- In the add app window, click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the Firefox program directory (such as C: \ Program Files z Mozilla Firefox \) and double-click Firefox.exe.
- Click the Add button.
- Press the OK button to close the allowed Apps panel.